BRUSSELS, 6 July 2021 – The Polyolefin Circular Economy Platform has appointed five new members to its Steering Board.
At PCEP’s second AGM on 6 May, the steering board elected five new members, expanding the number to 10 and reflecting the Platform’s commitment to achieving a more balanced and diverse representation of the polyolefin value chain.
The new board members are:
- Tim Litjens (CEO of CABKA Group). Tim is based in Germany and, prior to joining CABKA Group in 2016, he held various senior management positions with strong focus on performance materials at health, nutrition and materials conglomerate Royal DSM.
- Pedro Lopez (Product Director LDPE EMEA of Dow) Based in Horgen, Switzerland. Pedro has worked for Dow for 20 years in various product development and technical sales roles. In 2017 he was promoted to Product Director LDPE for Dow’s Packaging and Specialty Plastics Division and holds a seat on TDESA Board of Directors.
- Rüdiger Klein (Vice President, Polyolefins Sales Europe of LyondellBasell). Rüdiger has over 35 years of experience in the plastics industry through various commercial roles in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. He is based in the Netherlands and chair of the polyolefin group of PlasticsEurope.
- Ornella Cosomati (EU Public Policy, Government Affairs and Communications Manager of PepsiCo). Operating from Brussels and a member of PepsiCo’s Public Policy team, Ornella has been working in EU regulatory affairs since 2013, before which she spent time working in the UK parliament.
- Pablo Giner (Polyethylene Business Director of Repsol). Pablo is based in Spain and has spent more than 20 years at Repsol, working in a variety of roles in the US and Europe. After leading the Polyolefins Technical Support and Product Development Team at the firm’s Tech Lab, he was appointed Polyethylene Director in 2017.
Venetia Spencer, PCEP Secretary General, said: “I’m delighted to welcome the five new members of our Steering Board. This is milestone for PCEP, as we now have our first woman board member as well as our first brand owner representative.”
Spencer continued: “We have come a long way since our last AGM in November 2019. Our membership has expanded and, as an industry, we are starting to deliver on our voluntary commitments.
“This new and expanded Steering Board reflects both our strengths as an organisation, as well as our firm commitment to make the systemic changes that a circular, carbon neutral economy requires. I hope to see representatives of the retail and waste management industries join us in the near future.”
The PCEP board now has representatives from five producers (Borealis, Dow, LyondellBasell, Sabic and Repsol), two converters (RKW and ALPLA), two recyclers (Van Werven and Cabka) and one brand owner (PepsiCo).